Heidi’s Top 25 Plays
Dan just did this on his blog, and I’m going to post my own mostly so I can hear him carry on about how much I play the same song over and over. But unlike him I’m lazy and did a screenshot. Click it a few times to embiggen.
The reason it’s so crazy is because I listen to a song on repeat when it’s really giving me the writing vibes, and there’s usually one per story. Sometimes a song does more than one story too. I’ll give you a rundown of why these are Heidi’s Most Overplayed. (I mean, really. Check the number of plays.)
1. This one gets double duty in Miles & the Magic Flute and Temple Boy.
2. Small Town Boy
3. Two To Tango
4. Small Town Boy and I think maybe some Nowhere Ranch
5. God, I play this all the damn time just because it makes my soul light up. Usually at the end of a novel too.
6. This gave me the opening sequence to Double Blind.
7. This was the Bellagio fountain scene in DB.
8. See #5.
9. Two To Tango
10. Two To Tango (That novel took me forever. It went through a lot of tunes.0
11. Double Blind
12. Temple Boy, and maybe some Miles.
13. The Seventh Veil, all the way. Especially the opening sequence.
14. Oh, this song is the very soul of Special Delivery. I still see Old Blue coming down the hill in Middleton when I hear it.
15. Hero, and it pops in a lot of other places when I need something melancholy and beautiful.
16. Also the opening to Double Blind. The VERY opening.
17. If #14 is the sun sign of SD, this is its rising sign. This brought out all the color.
18. I think this everywhere eventually, but it’s big in Temple Boy. Also possibly in The Wounds in the Walls.
19. Two To Tango! This song is Ed all over.
20. Two To Tango
21. Small Town Boy. I have about eight versions, but this is the one that really sparks stuff.
22. Small Town Boy sometimes, but also Two To Tango. And I just like it.
23. Oh! This is so The Seventh Veil when Madeline tames the water demon.
24. Well, this gave me a huge part of Double Blind, but then that scene never happened. It’s such a shame.
25. The Seventh Veil, but also I just like it a lot.
Proper blog entry tomorrow. Or later.