New Orleans and Romantic Times, Here I Come. Also, cover for Sleigh Ride
On Saturday I leave for the long, slow drive to New Orleans and the Romantic Times book convention. I had this crazy idea I would get writing done this week—that’s so funny. No. No writing is happening. Nothing is happening but RT prep.
There is great concern over whether or not all my shit will fit in my car. The picture here shows just one pile of crap: does not include my HUGE suitcase, or my little suitcase, or three other boxes still in the house. Or the plug-in cooler I’m bringing as my faux fridge for the week. Or me. I’m thinking Jesus may have to come bless this stuff in order for it to fit in my car, like an un-feeding of the five thousand. I have no idea what happens if it doesn’t fit. I’m mostly planning on making it fit, one way or another.
Why do I have so much stuff? Because party, baby! Here’s all the stuff I’m doing at RT.
- Cinema Craptastique: Bad movies with Damon Suede and company. I have all the candy and popcorn, and many of the prizes. Yes, prizes! Books, mugs, bags, swags, and more. Come join us Tuesday, May 13, 2014 – 5:30pm to 8:00pm in Salon E (Mardi Gras Ballroom).
- On the Samhain float at the Mardi Gras World Carnivale: I’ll be tossing beads and such at your head during the parade! Wednesday, May 14, 2014 – 7:15pm to Thursday, May 15, 2014 – 12:00am at Mardi Gras World (offsite)
- Hosting a table at Samhain’s Saint’s and Sinner’s Party: Come find me with the sinners on Thursday night–first ten people to arrive at my table get gift bags and a front row seat for my naughty jewelry. Thursday, May 15, 2014 – 9:00pm to 11:55pm, Carondelet – (Grand Ballroom)
- Spinning the wheel at Romance Pride: Wheel of Fortune: Win fabulous prizes, including a picnic with Walter and Kelly, play Romance Against Humanity, and try for our grand prize gift certificate. Friday, May 16, 2014 – 10:00am to 11:00am, Studio 9 – (Preservation Hall)
- Public Booksigning: I’ll be signing Family Man and A Private Gentleman and anything you get stamped and bring in yourself, as well as flats of all my books. Saturday, May 17, 2014 – 11:00am to 2:00pm, Grand Ballroom & Mardi Gras Ballroom
Also, you never know what kind of fun and games we’ll get up to. You know we’re going to end up at Oz at some point, and Cal’s fans have been PMing him enticement to show up. I’ll arrive in town Monday and stay until Sunday. I’m sure we can come up with a lot of trouble during that time.
In the meantime, for those of you staying at home, I have some pretty artwork for you to enjoy while you wait.
Minnesota Christmas, Book 2
Arthur Anderson doesn’t want anything to do with love and romance, and he certainly doesn’t want to play Santa in his mother’s library fundraising scheme. He knows full well what she really wants is to hook him up with the town’s lanky, prissy librarian.
It’s clear Gabriel Higgins doesn’t want him, either—as a Santa, as a boyfriend, as anyone at all. But when Arthur’s efforts to wiggle out of the fundraiser lead to getting to know the man behind the storytime idol, he can’t help but be charmed. The least he can do is be neighborly and help Gabriel find a few local friends.
As their fiery arguments strike hotter sparks, two men who insist they don’t date wind up doing an awful lot of dating. And it looks like the sleigh they both tried not to board could send them jingling all the way to happily ever after.
Warning: Contains a feisty librarian, a boorish bear, small town politics, deer sausage, and a boy who wants a doll.