Library Contest Winners: EVERYBODY GETS NEW BOOKS
Last night at 8:30 the library contest closed, and there were ten entries. Many of the entrants were actual librarians, which is awesome, and the others were people carefully curating for their library. According to the original contest, half of those libraries should win a package of my books and some books of other LGBT and ally authors.
Except I really, really love libraries. I couldn’t be THAT CLOSE and not give all the librarians who entered some books. I had enough donations from other authors to make ten meager packages, which would be fine, except I wanted MORE. So I went begging on Twitter and Facebook, and now we have fabulousness.
EVERYBODY WHO ENTERED GETS TO WIN.
The winning libraries are:
- Blue Island Public Library, Blue Island, Illinois
- Borgarbókasafnið, Reykjavík, Iceland
- Farmington Community Library, Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Fayette County Public Library, Oak Hill, West Virginina
- Tigard City Library, Tigard Oregon
- Troy Public Library, Troy, Michicagn
- SUNY Potsdam College Library, Potsdam, New York
- Columbia Public Library, Columbia, Missouri
- Waterford Township Public Library, Waterford, Michigan
- Milwaukee LGBT Community Center Library, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Authors donating prizes:
- Heidi Cullinan
- Damon Suede
- Amy Lane
- Tara Lain
- Kate McMurray
- Larissa Brown
- Vivian Arend
- Eden Bradley
- Kate Rothwell
- Megan Mulry
- Lex Chase
- Ava Penn
- Amy Jo Cousins
- Leta Blake
- Riptide Books
Authors, if I missed you (we were all flying in ten directions last night, so sorry), leave a comment or email me and I’ll add you to the list.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE.
The LGBT reading community is full of fabulousness, and when I said I needed books, a number of READERS and bloggers said they’d donate too. Here are the reader and blogger library super heroes:
- Leslie Bradner
- Kelly Taylor
- Jillian Stein
- Beth Bellanca
- Birte Tamm
If I dropped your name, tell me and I’ll add you. If you want in on the fun, let me know and I’ll hook you up. ANYBODY can donate books.
Because of this last minute activity, it really will be the end of the month before I send anything. Just keep me posted as to where you’re at.
THANK YOU, everyone! You’re all awesome. Off to email the libraries now…